Our client Boskalis requested the design of the so called MSP2 Spray pontoon. Luckily Vuicon designed the MSP1, a sister pontoon, a couple of years before, so our engineers were quite familiar with this type of pontoon. We had to optimize a number of constructions and systems.
Among other things we had to design and check the integrity of:
- A new A-frame head and the integration of rope blocks;
- Re-designing the A-frames and their access stairs;
- Re-design the fairlead towers and platforms;
- Re-design dredge lines and supports;
- Re-design winch foundations and wire routing;
- Design an adjustable and detachable boat landing.
Moreover, we had to calculate the lifting forces and perform a weight calculation.
Dividing the tasks among a number of engineers allowed us to work quickly and efficiently.
The pontoon design and modifications were carried out at a shipyard in the Middle East. The pontoon was completed in time and all engineered items were designed and installed to the satisfaction of the client.